Monday, July 6, 2015

You Owe the World Your Gifts

Hi, my name is Aminata B. Sow and today I decided that I will contribute to the "The Intellect Collective" blog. My friend Olamide called me on Saturday to ask if I would write, and my initial reaction was "maybe". Honestly, I have not written consistently since AP English 12th grade (almost 10 years ago). The more she explained the purpose of the blog, the more excited I became. I ALWAYS have something to discuss (ex. The State of the Black Community, Black Owned Businesses, Gentrification, Financial Literacy, Relationships, etc.), but those conversations, thoughts, and rants are only shared amongst family and friends.

We all have a talent that we use to be good at but stopped doing for whatever reason. We become conditioned to work a 9-5, pay bills and repeat. When did we stop feeding our creative energy? Why do we stop doing the things that we love to do?

TODAY I challenge you to tap into your creative space and start doing something that you use to be good at or something you love to do. The time to do it is now. You owe the world YOUR gifts.

Peace, Love & Blessings,

Aminata B.

No comments:

Post a Comment