Monday, July 20, 2015

REFLECTION

Today's post visits an old journal entry that I stumbled across last night. I think it is a healthy to look back on the past to learn from your mistakes and see how much you have grown. The tricky part in doing so is remembering not to dwell in the past. Do not get caught in the "Should've, could've, would've", but use your past as a tool to become a stronger individual.

Just a back story... The day I wrote the post below, I was working as a hostess part-time at El-Centro for 2-3 months to save up for my trip to Spain & Italy, in addition to working full-time as a Financial Analyst at a company that I was starting to despise. Literally 2 months later I accepted a position to work at one of the top consulting firms that I claimed for months. Lesson Learned: Be aware of the Power within your Word/Affirmation and be thankful for the now. You might not be where you want to be now but continue to work towards your end goal.


March 4, 2013

I normally don't write... Haven't done so in a very long time but I feel like I should write more often. As I write these few lines, I feel lighter, like I can finally seek refuge and clear my thoughts. As I stand here on this Monday night at El-Centro, my mind wanders to how Blessed I am. Although I do not have everything I want, I do have everything I need. I am truly Blessed and Highly Favored. I'm also realizing more and more that when I speak things into existence with passion, the universe answers. I need to keep this in mind Always!

 Love, Peace & Blessings,


 Aminata B. Sow

No comments:

Post a Comment