Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Partying During the Day...I Love Day Parties


Day Parties are IN right now...and I'm all for it. If you know anything about me, and I'm sure my friends can attest to this...I am usually the first one to "tap out" when we rendezvous at night. Anyway, so I had a day party to attend this past weekend and the shopping bug bit me. Unfortunately I had to resist because my bank account and I didn't agree on how much money I wanted to spend and what was actually available. As usual, I needed to let my creative juices flow and proceeded to search through my wardrobe to see what I could concoct for the day.

Royal blue is my new black...at least for right now. I recently ordered a royal baby-doll-esque dress from one of my favorite online sites, ASOS, for only $16. 

In case you're wondering how the dress fits me...here's a picture:




I couldn't decide which look I wanted for the day. Keep in mind I was set on NOT wearing any of my heels. I get into what I like to call "shoe-moods". Sometimes I only want to wear flats and sneakers and other times I'm all about wearing a heel that is at least five inches. Back to the topic at hand...my outfit for the day party. Here are the three looks that I chose from (keep in mind I'm only working with this blue dress)

Look 1:
Dress, All White Chucks, Charlotte Hornets snapback, Silver necklace (Nordstroms Juniors Department), Leopard print earrings (compliments of @theellecollection on Instagram), African print cloth satchel
Look 2: 
Dress, Tory Burch sandals, Ball and Chain necklace (compliments of @neonfleur on Instagram), black leather clutch (American Apparel), "Diamond" Studs

Look 3:
Dress, JC booties (Nordstrom), Grey and Silver Beaded necklace, Silver Hoops, Black leather bag (Zara)




Look 4: 
Dress, Beaded sandals (Urban Outfitters), Thin gold chain, and leopard head wrap (Forever 21), black leather clutch (American Apparel), Gold Hoops (BP Department at Nordstrom)

Look 5:
Dress, JC booties, African Print Necklace (compliments of @Neonfleur on Instagram), Gold bracelet (Passed down from Grandma), Gold triangular earring and panther ear cuff, black leather clutch (American Apparel).

I decided to go with Look 5...Let me know what you think (in a respectful manner of course). If you have any questions about where to purchase an item...leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

-Ola

No comments:

Post a Comment