Monday, August 5, 2013

Fitting Room Fashions

Every time my mom dressed me in one of those frilly bouncy huge dresses with those awful lace socks I would wish for the day when I could dress myself.  Well my ship has finally come in (at least it did 15 years ago).  I love all that the fashion world has to offer except the price tags.  Even the “affordable” options listed in magazines can often be out of reach for a grad student struggling to be fly and twenty-five. My wealth hasn’t come just yet but in an effort to be prepared, I’m scoping all the designer houses and their various design esthetics to see what makes them worth that pretty penny.  I have continued to evolve my look into whatever I’m feeling at the moment (see recent blonde hair) 

and it is a great feeling to dress how you want to regardless of how people gawk and stare (again refer to new blonde hair).  I always feel like decisions are best made once you have all the information.  So my thinking, however backwards, is that once I know what makes the designer pieces… so damn great… I can look for those qualities in other, presumably less expensive pieces.  Prepare to see me in the dressing rooms of random boutiques in middle America and wherever else I find myself, trying on clothes priced well above their worth and buying similar items priced just right.  Hope you enjoy my journey from fitting room to fitting room while I expand, or in some case rediscover, the items in my own closet.  ~Ms. Styles

No comments:

Post a Comment